This article is centered on the biography, including the age, personal life, ministry, achievements, death and the net worth of Kenneth E Hagin. His full name is Kenneth Erwin Hagin and was an American preacher who was known for pioneering the Word of Faith movement.
Biography of Kenneth E Hagin
Kenneth E Hagin was born in August 20, 1917 in McKinney, Texas to Lillie Viola Drake Hagin and Jess Hagin. From his testimony, he was born with a deformed heart and was born with a deformed heart and an incurable blood disease. He was least expected to live, and was already suffering from paralysis and was bedridden.
He received salvation in April 1933 aged 16, during a miraculous conversion experience, which he was reported dead about 3 times within 10minutes, and each time, he saw the agonies of hell and returned to life, although, remained paralyzed.
In August 8, 1934, he gave a testimony that he was raised from death through the vison he received from Mark 11:23-24 concerning “Faith in God’s Word”. This bible verse clearly defined his ministry, and became his most frequently used verse.
Kenneth E Hagin established his first non-denominational church in 1936 (aged 19), and ministered his first sermon as a clergy of a small community Baptist church in Roland, Texas. By 1937, he was already an Assemblies of God minister, where he pastored five of their branches in Texas (TomBean, Farmersville (twice), Talco, Greggton and Van) for over 12years before his missionary journey began.
He got married to Oretha Rooker in November 1938, and was blessed with two children, Kenneth Wayne Hagin (Kenneth Hagin Jr), the first, now the pastor of Rhema Bible Church and President of Kenneth Hagin Ministries, was born on September 3, 1939, and Patricia (Hagin) Harrison, the second on March 27, 1941.
Meanwhile, he started his nomadic ministry as a Bible teacher and evangelist in 1949 after an encounter with Jesus. He then became a member of the Voice of Healing revival in the US with Oral Roberts, Gordon Lindsay and T.L Osborn between 1947 and 1958, before been finally given full admission to the Full Gospel Business Men’s Fellowship International which was founded in 1951.
In January 23, 1963, he formed the Kenneth E. Hagin Evangelistic Association (now Kenneth Hagin Ministries) in Garland, Texas. By September 1966, the ministry offfices were moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma into an area previously occupied by T.L Osborn. He started his sermons on reel-reel tape in 1966, and later taught for the first time on radio on KSKY in Dallas.
He was ordained a minister in the North Texas District Council of the Assemblies of God in 1967. That same year, he began a regular broadcast that still remains as “Faith Seminar of the Air” by his son Hagin Jr.
Since Kenneth’s incorporation in 1963, his organization blossom into many other media outreaches and ministries, which includes;
- Faith Library Publications – with 65 million book copies in circulation
- “RHEMA Praise” – a weekly television program on the Trinity Broadcasting Network
- “Faith Seminar of the Air” – a radio program heard on many stations nationwide and on the Internet
- “The Word of Faith” – a free monthly magazine with roughly 600,000 subscribers
- Crusades conducted throughout the nation
- RHEMA Correspondence Bible School
- RHEMA Prayer and Healing Center, located on the Rhema campus in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
During a camp meeting in 1973, Hagin announced the creation of a “bible training center”, and by 1974, he opened RHEMA Bible Training College, in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, which now has training centers in fourteen different countries, planted over 1,500 congregations worldwide, and has 25,000 alumni.
In 1979, he established the Prayer and Healing Center to provide a place for the sick to come and “have the opportunity to build their faith”. Its Healing School continues to be held free of charge twice a day on the RHEMA campus.
In May 20, 1994 Hagin received an Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree from Faith Theological Seminary in Tampa, Florida.
Kenneth E Hagin retired to bed on Saturday September 13 very healthy, according to a news release from his ministry. Then on Sunday morning, he sat at the breakfast table Sunday and smiled at his wife, Oretha, sighed and his head fell to his chest. He finally died on Friday, September 19, 2003 (Aged 86).
Net Worth of Kenneth E Hagin
Kenneth is one of the richest Religious Leaders ever. He is on the list of the Richest Religious Leaders. He also ranked on the list of the most popular Religious Leaders, and the elite list of famous celebrity born in the U.S.
According to our analysis, Wikipedia, Forbes & other information, Kenneth E. Hagin’s net worth is approximately $1.5million.
Popular Publications of Kenneth E Hagin
- Bible Faith Study Course (1966)
- Right and Wrong Thinking for Christians (1966)
- What Faith Is (1966)
- The Real Faith (1970)
- I Believe in Visions (1972)
- The Human Spirit (1974)
- Why Tongues (1975)
- Demons and How to Deal with Them (1976)
- The Key to Spiritual Healing (1977)
- Ministering to the Oppressed (1977)
- The Interceding Christian (1978)
- Faith Food for Spring (1978)
- How You Can Be Led by the Spirit of God (1978)
- How to Write Your Own Ticket with God (1979)
- What to Do When Faith Seems Weak & Victory Lost (1979)
- Seven Things You Should Know About Divine Healing (1979)
- El Shaddai (1980)
- Having Faith in Your Faith (1980)
- Why Do People Fall Under the Power? (1981)
- Casting Your Cares Upon the Lord (1981)
- The Name of Jesus (1981)
- Seven Steps for Judging Prophecy (1982)
- I Went to Hell (1982)
- Must Christians Suffer? (1982)
- Three Big Words (1983)
- Obedience in Finances (1983)
- The Believer’s Authority (1985)
- How God Taught Me About Prosperity (1985)
- The Glory of God (1987)
- Understanding How to Fight the Good Fight of Faith (1987)
- Prayer Secrets (1988)
- Knowing What Belongs to Us (1989)
- Exceedingly Growing Faith (1990)
- The Holy Spirit And His Gifts (1991)
- Classic Sermons: The Word of Faith 25th Anniversary 1968–1992 Commemorative Edition (1992)
- Following God’s Plan for Your Life (1993)
- The Triumphant Church (1993)
- Love: The Way to Victory (1994)
- God’s Medicine (1997)
- The Midas Touch” (1999)